{Not us}
{Not us}
This is where we did our first Open Water Dive. We have to do 2 more dives here then we will be certified. We were supposed to have our first dives yesterday, Friday the 19th, but you needed chains to get up the canyon yesterday so we canceled it. I know, what a fun time to take scuba!This is the entrance to the crater at the Homestead. It's 16 degrees out and they are going to do what? Burrhhh!
It was really cool to be on the surface of the water and look up and see the snow coming in through the opening. (they have a grate over the opening)
So why are we doing this? Scotts company is called OceanGrown International (ogilife.com) that's why. It's a part of the culture. They wanted all the employees to have the opportunity to take this class and become more familiar with the ocean and its beautiful surroundings. We have been taking this class for 2 weeks. Thanks to Traci for watching the boys so we could this!
I understand why people don't scuba. It can be scary. When I was descending for the first time today I wanted to ascend and get out. (Its much easier in a swimming pool) But I reminded myself to relax and to stay focused on the instructor. Everything went well. I'm glad that we are doing this. It's a great activity to do, something that Scott and I can enjoy together. There are no fighting kids down there! I doubt that we'll ever be die hard divers, but definitely occasional recreational ones. Seriously, I don't want to descend more than I did today and that was about 40 feet.












No comments:
Post a Comment