Growing up we {Dustin, Traci & I} would make May Day baskets after school. Go to the neighbors house {The Maulers} and pick flowers from the largest lilac bush I have ever seen. They smelled so good. The things we got away with! {My kids would be in so much trouble if they ever did that, pick flowers from a neighbors yard, tisk tisk tisk.} Anyway, then we would fill up our construction paper cone baskets and deliver them to our precious neighbors and run away as fast as we could so we wouldn't get caught. All this, done by ourselves, while Mom and Dad were at work. We were pleased with the good things we did while they we gone.
Looking back on our amazing neighbors, some have moved, sadly many have passed away, but we truly were surrounded by wonderful people growing up.
Looking back on our amazing neighbors, some have moved, sadly many have passed away, but we truly were surrounded by wonderful people growing up.
Thanks Dustin & Traci for this fun childhood memory. I wish we were able to make more of them together, but I guess situations change as we get older.
They boys and I are going to make May Day baskets when Caden gets home from school today. When they get older I hope that they will remember how much fun it was and the memories they made with eachother. Someday, when they are at different places in their lives their memories, hopefully, will somehow keep them close.













3 comments:
I LOVED my MAy DAy basket!! Thank you so much! It smelled wonderful.......You are the best!
from,
your loving neighbor :)
(me, Suzie....not Jamie if it says that)
That sounds so fun, I didn't even know what people did on May day!
It's time to update your blog, Lib.
Mom
Post a Comment